What is a Special Tourist Visa?
Special Tourist Visa (STV) is a special visa created by Thailand’s Tourism Authority for long-stay travelers who wish to visit Thailand.
Conditions of STV Visa
- This type of visa is single entry only
- This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for tourism purposes.
- STV visa holders will initially be permitted to stay in Thailand up to 90 days including the quarantine period.
- The extension of stay can be requested at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand up to 2 times at the maximum of 90 days per each extension.
- The maximum stay in total, therefore, shall NOT exceed 270 days including the quarantine period.
- The Extension cannot be requested after 29 September 2021.
- The current end date of the STV scheme is 30 September 2021.
Procedures for applying STV Visa
1. To apply for the Special Tourist Visa, a foreign applicant must send personal information to Thailand Longstay Company in order to check the applicant’s criminal record.
2. After the applicant gets the approval form Thai Immigration Bureau, the applicant must pay the application fee.
3. The applicant will get the STV Visa application form, and the company will interact with the applicant regarding:
- the 15 days ASQ/ALSQ quarantine accommodation and requirements after the 15 days quarantine
- Options for chartered flights
- Medical and Travel Insurance options with a minimum 100,000 USD coverage for Covid-19 medical treatment and a minimum coverage of 400,000 THB for other medical and accident expenses. The insurance must cover for at least 90 days.
4. Once all payments have been made for all the above items and the applicant must send all of the documents to the company
5. The company will submit on behalf of the applicant, the STV visa application from and all required documents to the Department of Consular Affairs, Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to apply for the COE (Certificate of Entry) and the STV Visa
6. Once the Department of Consular Affairs, Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs has made the approval, the company will inform the applicant to pick up his/her COE and STV Visa at the designated Thai embassy/consulate.
7. Once arrived in Thailand, every STV visa holder must follow the public health and safety measure set by the Thai Ministry of Public Health.
8. The STV visa holder will be quarantined for 15 days at his or her paid ASQ/ALSQ accommodation. After the 15-day quarantine, if the STV visa holder tests negative for covid-19, he or she will be able to leave and stay at his or her preferred lodging.
Application Service Fee and Payment Terms & Conditions:
- 10,000 THB, excluding the 7% VAT. Excluding aircraft tickets, the 15-day ASQ/ALSQ quarantine stay, the 15-day quarantine stay, medical and travel insurance, or the 15-day quarantine stay.
- The applicant will also have to pay the 2,000 THB visa fee at the Embassy/Consulate
Royal Thai Embassy In The Hague, The Netherlands. Available from: https://hague.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/special-tourist-visa-stv
The Thailand Longstay Company. Available from: https://www.thailongstay.co.th/stv_visa.html